My Travels

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Just a quickie

Right people sorry for the not so updated blog I will try and up keep it up to date now.
Anyways I'll start from where I left off from Bangkok.
It was a pretty hectic city as you can imagine and well I hated it, too busy dirty and well just boring although I managed to make the most of it by buying cheap ass clothes and dvds etc as you do when you go to an asian country. I also took a tuk tuk everywhere cause they are so damn cool but they cant drive for shit.
After my horrific 2 nights in bangkok dealing with all the fecking she males and go go bars I got a train out of there for a long 12hr trip towards koh samui island which is in southern Thailand, i met loads of ppl on the train and these 2 brit girls and a bunch of Canadians. They were really cool and we were trying to teach one Canadian guy to speak some English which amused us until we got off the train. So i arrived in the city of Surat Thani which is just a city where trains arrive and boats for the island depart from so basically it was a ghost town not much too do. Anyways i took a long bus ride to get to the port and a boring 2hr boat journey nothin very exciting there. After finally arriving in Koh Samui i felt i started my gap year properly. Arriving to the scorching sun, sandy beaches and bars everywhere, first thing i did as you do is get a place to stay so i booked myself into some hotel for around 3.50 a night with A/C and telly (I decided to treat myself).
Now the thing with Thailand is that everyone rides a motorbike cause they are quick, cheap and don't need much petrol so i rented a motorbike for a couple of days. Wow that was some crazy shit, i never rode on a motorbike before so i thought it would be a good time to start and surprisingly it was very easy, thank Fuji for that. I needed to look like a cool motorcycle so i decided to get a pair of Ray Bans, also so that when I'm riding nothing decides to fly into my eyes. I was set so i hopped on and started to wing it around the island saying hello to locals and taking pictures of stuff as you do. It was a really interesting island with loads of different cultural things to see like the heaviest gold buddha, if only i could have run away with though it weighed a tonne so i guess not. Well i'm not going to describe the other 7 hours of riding i did throughout the island so i'll skip to something else.
The nightlife, now the islands koh samui and koh phangon are great for their nightlife especially with amount of farangs (foreigners my new word for it) coming over. I met some more Canadians at my hotel and we hit the town (which was about 50m from our hotel). As you would expect with anywhere in Thailand and more so here all you could see was these old men with young Thai girls quite disturbing but hey wotever floats their boat. So we go this bar called the Reggae bar cause it sounded cool and damn it was, it was a giant shrine for Bob marley with all his music playing and well loads of white rastas around it was quite weird. Started having these bob marley shakes, fuck knows wot was it but that was some good shit. After the pre drink we hit the club and we had plenty of choice so we club hopped, the clubs were really cool although there were plenty of thai girls so you had to be careful which ones you talk to as some may charge for the night, as one of the guys found out.
There are 2 main beaches in Koh Samui chaweng and lamai beach, chaweng beach is a where you wanna go for a good time out e.g loads of bars, women, clubs etc. Lamai beach was calmer but also had a good nightlife. I decided to move to lamai to get some sun and chill for the england game. Lamai did not disapoint, the beaches were amazing loads of chicks in bikinis and well good weather a great combination. So i got myself a little tan, didn't really need but hey why not and rented a jetski with some guy which was pretty crazy, i had rode one before so i boasted as you do saying i would be fine i know how to handle it. So we got off to racing up and down the water and spinning around etc. I thought i would be able to really push it too its limits so i put the gas onto full really started zipping it along until of course this small wave hit my bike and i fell sort of like Superman flying through the air before hitting the water, that hurt.
Right well i think thats enough for now i'm moving islands 2moro just for the full moon party held on Koh phangon every.....well full moon. Just to sum it up i'll try and describe it........10000+ people all getting drunk and taking loads of drugs on the beach, fireshows, loads of famous djs and the party doesn''t stop till 12pm the next day.
I shall post after if i can be bothered.
Cya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home